Monday 1 October 2012

falling into you

Everything is a bit, weird. Slightly chaotic, slightly peaceful, quite sad, mostly strange, very uncomfortable. 

I'm so thankful that the new Mumford & Sons album came out this week. Perfect timing, when I really need them.

Right now, I'm learning how to truly fall into the strong arms of the Lord when I'm confused, hurt, frustrated, and in a seemingly-constant state of unknown in this transition period. I'm learning how to trust like I mean it, like I really believe Him when He tells me that I won't be put to shame by Him, that He will always love me, and has good things for me (ahem, Isaiah 54, 1 Tim 6, etcetera).

I know that this song is now blowing up the radio streams, but I love it and it my theme song because it matches the state of my soul right now.

"I Will Wait"

well I came home,
like a stone,
and I fell heavy into Your arms.
these days of dust
which we've known,
will blow away 
with this new sun.

but I'll kneal down, wait for now.
and I'll kneel down,
know my ground.

and I will wait I will wait for You
and I will wait I will wait for You.

so break my step,
and relent.
well you forgave, and I won't forget;
know what we've seen
and him with less.
now in some way, shake the excess.

and I will wait I will wait for you
and I will wait I will wait for you

Now i'll be bold, as well as strong
and use my head alongside my heart
so take my flesh
and fix my eyes
a tethered mind, freed from the lies.

and i'll kneel down, wait for now
i'll kneel down
know my ground

raise my hands
paint my spirit gold
bow my head
keep my heart slow

i will wait
i will wait
for You 




amen to that.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment